Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 5: Rudolph

Black pen and red pen on a piece of 8.5" x 11". No pencil! The chin part is a bit too tall; I didn't get the proportions right there, but using a pen wasn't that scary. I think one nice thing about this sketching every day thing is that it lowers my standards, so I'm less anal.

Rudolph's hide is supposed to be gray (with white belly and face), but I didn't know how to color him, so I left him like this. I guess I needed a gray marker or something?

And in case you're wondering, that's a cubicle wall at work that he's straddling.

2 comments:

  1. Can you use some sort of line-drawing half tone thingamajigger to get the gray? Like, crosshatching or lots of little dots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I just don't really know how to do that with a pen. :P

    ReplyDelete