Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 23: Portal Turret

The video game Portal [YouTube Trailer] was the most innovative game of 2007. Just Watch that video if you haven't heard of it. I was showing it to a friend tonight, so I decided to draw one of the adorable turrets from the game. Unlike the evil robots from most games, these little guys are simply adorable. They speak in the voices of baby robots. (And don't worry; you never actually destroy them; you can only knock them over to disable them.) I based my drawing on this painting I found on flickr.

(Also, I've been drawing with a mechanical pencil this whole time. Today I went and bought some old school pencils so I can shade better... though I'm not sure how well it's working out. I kinda like how the lines are rougher, though. The laser is from a red colored pencil.)

1 comment: