Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Round-up", a dream, Part 1

Part 1 • Part 2Part 3Part 4

An actual dream I had last month (with minor embellishments):


The world has been taken over by aliens. They've already rounded up most of the people in the world and sent them off to hellish prison worlds. They come for us one at a time. They'll leave you to conduct your own affairs in peace until the day they suddenly come for you (or until the day you foolishly try to fight back).

I was away when they landed, camping in Yosemite, and I just managed to make my way back to San Francisco. I find my mother in tears; they took my dad a few days ago.

I've got to find him! I've got to see him again, one last time, at least. But where is he? The only idea I have is to approach one of the aliens and ask.

I find an alien camp in the streets. I walk up to one and get his attention.

[an alien]
The aliens have more or less taken our form. They are 8 feet tall, clean-cut, and calm. They wear simple button-down shirts. Some even roll up their sleeves. They are emotionless but polite.

"Um.. excuse me," I sputter, "but I'm looking for my father. Do you think there's any chance you could help me find him?"

For a moment, the alien stands silently, considering my request.

"Please," he says. "Follow me."

Continued in Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment